View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by Kellwolf View Post
Incorrect. The last Delta contract put a limit on codesharing at least on international routes. I think they saw the writing on the wall when they realized the Delta 767 going from JFK-CDG were becoming Air France 777s via a code share. Hawaiian doesn't restrict code shares because most of them benefit THEM. Ours is a prime example. Why fly JFK-RDU or JFK-CLT when you can code share with jetBlue to do it and still just fly JFK-HNL? Your costs don't increase, but your revenue does. Alaska is more or less in the same situation.

Honestly, codeshare restrictions should be the next scope battle or we're all going to see a lot of the routes "American Carrier Airlines, operated by European Codeshare." We need code share resrictions here to keep us from going into an "alliance" type agreement with another domestic carrier(s) rather than "growing organically."
Thanks for telling me nothing of any importance.

I said DL, UAL, AA, Alaska and Hawaiian all have significant codesharing. I also said ALPA doesn't prevent codesharing (read the first sentence again).

How are EITHER of those statements incorrect???

I want a CBA, but we WILL have codesharing in a CBA, just as EVERY other carrier (all union, most ALPA) that I named above.