View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 PM
CloudSailor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
Cloud Sailor - not sure if this is what you meant but regardless of revisions, the disputed pairing will always remain disputed unless changed by the SIG. If it goes to another base than it's a different pairing number and thus not disputed. However, take LAX last month - the DP was voluntarily picked up by an FO, it was then revised to get rid of the "disputed sequence" and a nice DH was added on the end. Didn't matter when it was picked up - disputed pairing remain disputed and it was flown voluntarily so that didn't help the process. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I've always understood it.
I agree, if it is picked up as a DP, no matter how it is revised, it counts against the process. If a CGN or MEM trip is a DP, and is then revised to include international DH's, then it can be flown voluntarily without counting against the process (I am not sure if the pairing number would change in that case). I would imagine that also applies for MEM/HKG Airbus -- who knows about MEM/LAX/ANC -11?

I am not an expert on the matter though, so, FWIW.