View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 06:49 AM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by gr8vu View Post
There were several different contracts I saw. The state side ana cargo was one through Hawaii aviation but believe you still have to do JCAB training in Japan for 6 to 8 months and sign a 3 yr contract. The others paid 2k to commute to Narita every month or free business class ticket. I had a tough time deciphering the pay structure since many of these offered a monthly salary plus other pay. Are these types of jobs just interim jobs or are you able to do long term employment. I have done the long hauls most of my career.
That's standard on a foreign job. Whether contract or direct employment. You have to have you ratings/certs converted to the local to fly the foreign registered aircraft. You go CX, you gotta get the HKAD, get a Euro job you need to convert to the JAA.

And yes, the others are contract jobs. But when you receive the T&C package, many of them auto renew at the end of term, usually with a completion bonus that can equal an extra month of pay. Some of them have also been known to let pilots out of the 3 years (or whatever) depending on the circumstances.

Search for username "TheDominican", I believe he's on an ANA contract. He could give you all the info.

Keep in mind, not all the contracts are the same as far as the total overall compensation package offered. There can be variances in the pay, retirement contribution, etc.

And again, most are commuting contracts with between 11-13 days off a month at home with transportation provided to-from.