View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 01:21 PM
lstorm2003
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Default Trouble getting adjusted to the R Seat

So I'm preparing for my CFII, (which will be my initial FI test), and I'm having a difficult time getting "comfortable" in the R seat. Every flight I take I always sit in the R seat, and while I can fly from there and everything is ok, I didn't realize just how much more comfortable I am in the L seat until yesterday.

Yesterday I had to fly from Orlando to Lantana and the weather was not so good. For this reason I decided to fly from the L seat for the first time in about 3 months. Even with the weather, instantly I was more comfortable, and the whole flight was just so much more relaxed for me from that seat. It had been so long I didn't even realize how much higher my comfort level from the L seat is than the R until I did that flight and had a point of recent reference to contrast the two.

Any tips on how I can gain this same level of comfort from the R seat as I have in the L? I've got a good amount of R seat time (maybe 15 hours now as PIC flying pilot + another 50 or so from R seat not flying) so I feel like I'm having a harder time with the transition than most.

Any tips?