Old 04-06-2013, 07:09 AM
wrxpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by NERD View Post
I'm sure I'll get jumped on for saying this but, the uax, dci, soon to be eagle are not employees of the airline they serve. Do the fuelers, groomers, catering or contract maintance employees get free travel? These all use to be jobs done in house. I would be very surprised if they get any travel benefits. What makes outsourced pilots, fas or for that matter any dci, uax etc employees any different? As far as skywest, I think they are being set up for a schooling by RA and the gang, soon to be followed by the boys at ual.
Part of our compensation is non-revving. As regional employees, our monetary compensation quite frankly sucks, but it is supposedly made up slightly by our ability to non-rev on partner carriers. Taking away that benefit (or increasing the costs associated with it) effectively decreases our compensation. In other words, it is a paycut if this memo is true.

The partner carriers already get a screaming deal on the backs of poorly compensated regional airline employees. Now United want to essentially create a big paycut to all of us. As a pilot, it really doesn't affect me since I can jumpseat. But it will very negatively affect non-flight crew regional employees, which will of course make it even harder to draw competent talent to already struggling regional carriers.