Old 04-06-2013, 01:52 PM
SpecialTracking
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Yes I have! A 10 minute stroll through the terminal and I can get adequate nutrition for all but the really long flights.

FURTHER, if you will go back to the beginning, this all started over, and my answer directly dealt with a caterer who misread the catering order, NOT willful non-compliance by the company. My point simply is that there is a difference, one that many on this board are either too stubborn, or too dense to fathom.

The caterer, company, or the farmer who produced the grain for my cereal, it does not matter who makes the mistake. If the meal is not boarded for the appropriate flight, then the solution is simple like OldMako says. Call ops and ask for the caterers to bring appropriate meal. When they refuse, you simply walk off the plane and secure your own food. It might take 10 minutes to secure food, it might take 30. I am not as you say "promulgating the notion that we are arrogant, egotistical, self-centered p....s----" but rather taking care of my crew assuring that their proper nutrition is met so the flight can operate safely. Safety of the flight is more important than what you term "miss connects, cruises, weddings, funerals, one last visit with a dying family member, whatever."