View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 11:25 AM
LeineLodge
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL FO

Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
No disrespect ACL, but ALPA national are the ones who should be supporting the PAC. Perhaps lee moak can take a pay cut and contribute to the cause.

In my opinion, our leaders at ALPA national are no different then the corrupt CEOs who gut contracts under bankruptcy while deploying their golden parachutes.

Is it too much to ask that our government just look out for American employees without needing to have their proverbial wheels consistently greased. (I know stupid question)
Who is "ALPA national"? Do you mean the National Officers? I don't have any hard numbers, but I'd be willing to bet the participation rate is pretty near 100%.

The "Lee Moak is overpaid" bullet point is a completely different discussion.

It should be pointed out again that our Legislative Affairs guys have more clout when they can say they represent X number of ALPA pilots, etc. Put another way, the percentage of the pilot group that contributes is nearly as important as the AMOUNT that each pilot contributes.

If you don't want to put in $42/month, then start with $1 every paycheck. You'll never notice it, and it would bump our participation rate way up if half the guys that read this thread went and signed up.

As to your final point, yes it sucks that we can't count on our own politicians to look out for us. Unfortunately that's reality, and the best way to influence the outcome in our favor is to remain engaged, either directly or via proxy (ALPA PAC).

If you're even on the fence, go kick in $1/paycheck now and help out the effort. This Emirates route is just the beginning. All you need to do is look at their widebody order book.

ALPA PAC