View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 12:25 PM
LeineLodge
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL FO

Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
ACL,

I certainly see the need for ALPA PAC, and please don't mistake my gripes regarding ALPA as means to support DPA. I'm clearly in support of DALPA over the DPA as far as credibility and professionalism goes.

I won't disparage or comment on the amount or quality of work done by ALPA national leaders such as lee moak. I will, however, express my displeasure with the amount they are compensated. Seeing as the president of the United States makes approximately $400,000/year, I find it somewhat hypocritical for the leader of a blue-collar labor organization to make make $500,000/yr. I find it egregious that a union leader makes more then the American president.

I'm a firm believer that a strong leader should lead by example.

I know I'm arguing two different points here, and your point is well taken. It behooves none of us to not support the PAC, and I will reconsider my position on that. I just think the direction of the PAC should come directly from ALPA national without the additional need of member donations.
Imagine the firestorm that would ensue if dues dollars were spent to support candidate X even if its just a pilot partisan effort.

It's separate for a good reason.