View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 02:31 PM
buzzpat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Urban chicken rancher.

Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
Are these Delta pilots posting here or are their teenage kids posting for them.

When you are required to travel for business, the business pays for it. When you layover in a hotel Delta pays for it. When you take a van to get to the hotel Delta pays for it. When you take a soda pop from the galley Delta pays for it. When you get a crew meal on an international leg, Delta pays for it at the same time they are paying you per diem. When you go to training Delta pays for the hotel, the simulator, your meals. In fact, even if you live in Atlanta Delta still pays for a hotel.

No one forced you to take this job, so you should just shut up and quit complaining and accept anything that is handed to you. Right? Isn't that the next logical step in your argument.

These arguments are laughable. The ALPA President is required to travel and stay in Washington. He needs a place to entertain guests, sorry but that is the way Washington works. ALPA reimburses him for these expenses that are required by his job. They are not extra income. He also leases a car, the exact same car that he drives at home. He is reimbursed for those expenses.

You can turn any of these stupid arguments that you guys bring up here and turn right on their heads and use them against you. Nobody forced you to work for Delta, nobody is forcing you to stay at Delta so shut up or quit. How does that feel?

Grow up.
Alfa, I normally appreciate your inputs and value a lot of what you have to say. In this case, however, you are defending the indefensible. Everybody has a boss who they should be accountable to. For the president, its the American people. If ALPA national is going overboard on their "entertainment" they should be reeled in. Remember the GAO going crazy on Vegas conventions? How'd that play with the taxpayer. We, as ALPA dues payers, don't agree with how our dues are being spent. Shouldn't we have a voice?

Nobody forced us to work for Delta. We are forced, however, to be ALPA members. That's fine. I accept that gladly. Just don't spend my money on swanky meals and expensive wine. That's a fair request don't you think?

In fact, I recommend that ALPA stay in the same hotels that we stay in, are reimbursed for the same perdiem, and receive the same crew "meals" that we get. Maybe they'd be a little more connected with the membership they serve.