View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 11:55 AM
ForeverFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012

At AA, we use a thing called "TC Pro". I have no idea if that is different than FD.

It's simply electronic Jepp charts, with a search feature, and a way to select, save, and manipulate favorites. Our version has our own company pages within the standard Jepp pages.

Good part: Being able to zoom in, especially while taxiing, or trying to read fine print, is awesome. Also awesome for night flying, since it's all self-illuminated. Updates of course are zero effort, and you have complete confidence in the accuracy.

Bad part: I honestly can't think of any. There have been some reports of bugginess, but mine works fine.

Everything we need now to fly is electronic, including aircraft and company manuals. Exceptions: enroute charts and 10-1 pages, and those are supposed to be electronic within 6 months or so. We still must carry a paper QRH, and that requirement will probably never go away.

I'm loving it. If you do day turns and don't mind the risk of diversion, everything you need fits in a small leather bag, a man-purse, or briefcase.