View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM
dckozak
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair

Originally Posted by Sata 4000 RP View Post
Just my opinion, but as a MD-11 CA, I would think you would look at the $250 as a pittance and then ask the insurer how much will $1mil (or more) of renters liability cost me because I would imagine you have reached a point in your life where you have plenty to take if you were to have a bad day in a GA plane.
Originally Posted by Yoda2 View Post
Sata, I'm absolutely not saying that is the case here; however I'm thinking you haven't known too many airline captains. Think paying for a couple of ex wives and sending the kiddies to college, ad infinitum. BTW, Ya know the cute gal sitting at the bar at your layover hotel? She is not likely there by accident. That is where much of the trouble starts...
You know I had a feeling this would go this direction.
One wife, 12 year old Seinna and 7 year old Jetta TDI. I got in this gig the same way many have on this forum, living hand to mouth.
Yes, I have wasted more than $250 on too many things, but I always kick myself over waste. I figure to rent a PA-28 maybe 5 to 10 hours over the next year. Do the math, thats an additional $25 an hour, for what? My car insurance, (admittedly) costs more, but at least I will have felt I'v put something at risk.
I'd rather give it to a charity that supports children of working CFI's, than to AIG, just my opinion.