Old 04-12-2013, 03:09 PM
HIFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 777 Captain in Training

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
The system form discussion is only relevant if the pilot actually flies the trips. I was referring to people who bid it but never, or rarely, go (except to the semi-annual Sim visit). Being able to do committee work from home makes it easier still.

The last time I looked, only two of the lists were posted, and I know there was at least one more.

But you're correct, it needs research. For instance, if you are indeed #1, and another pilot senior to you bids for FEPP, and one seat is actually awarded, who goes? The more senior pilot, or the pilot who was awarded on the earlier posting? As you know, virtual training dates were in order of postings first, then seniority within postings combined with Bid to Relieve and Bid to be Excessed choices. That's why somebody junior (like you) could receive FEPP long before somebody less junior (like me) encountered a bid to trigger FEPP eligibility. If the actual training dates go like virtual training dates, it might not matter how many more people bid it behind you.

But I honestly don't know how they'll do it.

Like you said, interesting times ...

Tony
Do not make him think too hard he went to Auburn!