View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Yoda2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Regardless of other factors there are probably, at least, some training issues here. As far as the aircraft, I am forming an opinion. For one, this model was absolutely not conceived of by engineers. It is obviously a management decision that the engineers carried out. Let's see how far we can take it without requiring a complete recertification... The 800 is so far off the 737's original design point and TC it is not even funny. (not that the original straight pipe was any performer...) I am all for making changes including fuselage plugging (lengthening), Etc. however this has become rediculous. Just like flying, when any one thing is changed it affects many other things; the same with the physical design. Most experienced pilots have all flown certain types of airplanes where being slightly off speed will cause the bottom to "fall out", high sink rate, Etc. Those are common enough and not generally an issue with the proper training and supervised IOE. This aircraft has deeper issues that have not been adequately accounted for. Just my opinion, your mileage may vary...

Last edited by Yoda2; 04-14-2013 at 10:08 PM.