View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 03:37 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Reservist View Post
I find it to be more of a consumer issue, that just some silly stance on my part. If I'm going to pay for a subscription, I'm now part of the user base, one of my limited options to right what I see as a wrong is to cancel my membership. I don't think she should be paid (surely not with my money) to be a writer for the magazine, I choose not to support that kind of unprofessionalism. And after reading through the more recent posts it seem to be more than one article.
Yes - it is a consumer issue and one that you certainly have a right to change if you wish. Are you generally dissatisfied with 'Flying' magazine and the quality of the articles or just this ONE?
Do you also make it a habit of not ever going back to a restaurant if you encounter ONE bad waitress? How about never going to a movie theater again because ONE movie quit in the middle and it took 5 minutes to get it going again?
This is not personal. As you might guess I have no druthers whether you cancel your subscription or not. My comments were merely an observation on your stance (and the other poster's stance) on how you chose to deal with ONE disappointing example of a service.