View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 09:16 AM
SeaRider
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011
Position: El Capitan de Airbii

Originally Posted by 3stripes View Post
I'd be really grateful if I could get some answers to a few of these questions.

- Do you guys have ship sets, or do you carry your own charts?
- What's the minimum line value you can bid for? Can you bid a 60 hour line?
- What travel benefits do you get on the RW certificate? Do you get United benefits even if you're not on the Q?
- Any international commuters over there? Do you have a commuter clause?
- What's the sick policy?

I'd really appreciate some straight answers to these questions. I'm aware of the situation regarding the contract and that is very much in my consideration. I'm just trying to get a complete picture of life at Republic.
No ship sets. The company is too cheap. In fact, they have just one Jepp subscription for all F9, Republic, Shuttle, and Chautauqua. So, basically our bags are so heavy they sometimes exceed the limitation for the bag well in the airplane, and my bag personally is so overstuffed, I about need two.

Min guarantee is 75 hours and you'll never see anything below that if holding a line. The company aims for 82.

Just F9 (for now) and US Air (which we now have to pay for) if you're in a US Air base. No United benefits unless on the Q400 (rumor has it that might change though)

We have a commuter clause: You may use twice in 6 months, must have listed and checked in for two flights getting in before show time, and if you use it, you still have to continue to try commuting to wherever they need you.

Sick policy is "non-punitive", but if you call in sick too many times you get fired. (8 in a year)

Unless you live in one of our 'stable' bases, I just wouldn't recommend this place.