Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Falconjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: FedEx

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
How many captains/FOs with 20+ years of experience are going to upgrade vice retire? How many guys flying from SBN and ROA for years want to do 777 ops around the world? Gonna be some fun practice bids. One of the last bastions of "old school" just got rocked. It will be interesting to see where those crews decide to go... I figure 75% will pick 757/A300 with similar trips, but there may be some that use this at a catalyst to try something new.

Let's not forget there will be vacancy bid following this. The good news is there will not be a single guy who is sitting sideways when these bids are over. That wasn't the case in 08/09. Hope nobody gets burned out of a seat they currently like, but after all the chaos of the last 5 years you do have to know if you are bottom 10% in any seat it doesn't always mean you can stay there forever. My impression was in the 90s and until recently, once you got a seat at FDX it was pretty much yours to keep. It might be at 99%, and you were on A reserve, but it was yours. After the last few years it is apparent that we look more like the legacies when it comes to up and down displacements. I haven't heard anyone here say "I won't bid that until I can hold it at 60%...." since about 2007. Interesting times...
So lets say everybody currently on the FEPP list bids to stay on the list (i.e. they continue to bid HKG CA) but they don't get the award again. Will they stay on the virtual list prior to those who bid it on this bid and don't get it either?

Who would actually have to go to HKG first? Would they go in seniority order by bid or would the company re-shuffle the training letter? If it were a regular bid the pilots who held it on the earlier bid would go first, just wondering if that will be the case on these excess bids.

Anybody have any idea?

FJ