View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM
livinthedream89
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Zona Pilot 1830 View Post
ALERT!!!!!

This HAS to be a planted message by some higher-up in management at CAE Oxford! This comment could not be further from the truth! I currently work as a CFI/CFII at CAE OXford in Goodyear and it SUCKS! The truth is, they are currently looking for insructors in Phoenix for one telling reason - all their instructors are quitting!!!

Oxford USED TO BE a great place too work, but since CAE bought us out it has gone downhill fast. After the buyout, they fired the upper management at Oxford in Goodyear and since then they have run the place like a North Korean prison camp!
Okay, first I've got to address the idea that I work in management. That's funny. No, I'm certainly not in upper management- I am a CFI in the FAA Program right now. I have been there for two months and it is great. Sure, teaching cadets from other countries can have it's challenges but it is certainly not a, what did he call it? "North Korean Prison camp"- hah! Yeah right!

Second, the reason CAE is hiring instructors is because they are growing and training pilots from all over. By this summer they need at least 40 new instructors in the JAA program. To teach in the JAA program you need 500 TT, 200 dual given and 100 instrument (a combination of simulated, actual, simulator, and sim dual given). The pay is a little better in the JAA side and the students are all Dutch/European who have been speaking English for years (i.e. their ability to speak and understand is much higher).

Let me tell you why I like it there and why I chose CAE. When I was looking for a place to start instructing I looked at ATP and I saw the poor lifestyle of my instructors and decided that with a family that wasn't the place for me. A friend of mine told me about CAE and how the pay was better, there was never a shortage of students and the aircraft were great.

NOW... the other guy who posted said they fired everyone in Goodyear and they are stuck flying crappy warriors. What he didn't mention is that once CAE bought Oxford Academy they also placed the largest order of Archers in Pipers history. The new aircraft arrive next month and guess who gets first pickings of the new aircraft? Yup! The Oxford guys. G1000 and ADSB equipped. Does that sound like CAE is screwing you over? I don't think so.

CAE is a great place to work. You can ask ANYONE who currently works there and they will wholeheartedly recommend it. Like I offered earlier you can PM me if you would like details.

Last edited by livinthedream89; 04-18-2013 at 05:33 PM.