View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 PM
Yoda2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Default FAA Safety Stand Down

The annual FAA safety stand down is this weekend. I would suggest all General Aviation pilots and flight instructors attend, and bring your students. If for no other reason, that you might learn something... Sure you might think the FAA meetings are sometimes hokey or you are already familiar with the information or you are too busy, Etc. If that is the case I will provide some wrong reasons to attend, but that still might get you there. Networking possibilities and the fact that during an investigation the FAA and NTSB look at a lot of material, including continued education such as attendence at safety meetings. I have seen cases where after some infractions it was decided not to prosecute or take certain other types of actions based on the fact that a pilot at least showed some effort by taking the initiative to attend some of these meetings. Show up and get to know some of these folks. If you are a flight instructor, you might think about getting involved with the FAAST team and putting on a presentation in the future. That would also look good on a resume. Anyhow just go online at faasafety.gov and find a safety stand down meeting this weekend. The stand downs start tomorrow morning. Be part of the solution. And no I am not a Fed.