View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 04:56 PM
GunshipGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Permanently scarred

Originally Posted by LeineLodge View Post
Did you go to the meeting and vote on the resolution?

There was not one single dissenting vote on that resolution as written...

Edit: To clarify - I don't mean to come across as a smarta$$. There were a few concerns, but the point regarding that resolution was that anything that moves towards spreading the flying requires less manning (ie bad for the group as a whole). Anything that moves towards pure seniority requires more pilots (ie good for the group as a whole). That was the gist of the discussion, and after a few concerns were addressed, it passed without a nay in the bunch.

I will follow up with your "LEC" is made up of a new group of pilots (well 3 of 4 are new) and they will listen to your concerns. If you haven't spoken with your new reps that began in March, I suggest you get ahold of them. Also, if you have a concern, put forth a resolution, pack the room with like-minded pilots, and forward your agenda to the MEC. That's how it's supposed to work.
Seriously, not trying to be one here either, but you said not a single dissenting vote was made. How many people were there? How many were in the bottom half of reserve seniority (i.e. weren't working on a 16-day beard? ,<<joke). I'm curious if any LEC members helped a 44 member work on this resolution or had an idea it would be brought forward. Wouldn't it behoove members if there was some advance notice as to what resolutions were expected to be discussed? Seems to me that if you plan on proposing a resolution it should have to be put on the agenda so everyone knows about it.

But I do know that our LEC and the SOT got an earful from pilots who did not like the SOT's actions regarding the bucket system. You would think that would have at least been taken into consideration or discussed. Was it? I personally don't think what you described is how it should work; the LEC should consider the interests of more than just those who are able to make the meeting.