View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:36 PM
APCLurker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
And when RES was a straight RAW score system, seniority was a part of it and a major factor.

I'm curious how that is.

Under the old system of just RAW score (no buckets), I lost count of the number of times that I, as one of the most senior rsv, got a trip because someone junior in the same days of avail. had a raw score that was only 1-3 points greater than mine. Anybody on rsv knows a difference of 1-5 points is basically no difference in the amount worked.

I seem to recall that the only time seniority worked for you under the straight raw system was at the beginning of the month when everybody started over at zero.

Not arguing, just wondering what I may not be remembering. I just don't remember seniority playing that large of a part.

Also want to echo what somebody else mentioned about the distribution of trips "leveling out" now that the busy season is approaching, AE movements play out, etc.. That definitely seems to be the case in my category. Most of the senior guys are flying just as much this month as junior. And I saw one that already had 5 short calls by the second week.