View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 05:36 AM
GunshipGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Permanently scarred

Originally Posted by flyallnite View Post
What you have now is a lot of senior guys bidding reserve and a lot of junior guys holding lines in a category where they'd otherwise be deep reserve. If you take away the seniority on reserve then many will lose that line holding ability.
I'm one of those of which you speak, and I would prefer what I had before--no line, but reserve with weekends off. So now I fly my crappy weekend lines.

As for discussing it here and not having attended the meeting, I believe it is still worthwhile. Sharing of reserve experience before and after the changes were implemented is informative for some. But you do have to speak or email your reps if you want them to know what your thoughts are on the subject. One was on the LEC during the last term and has no excuses for not being aware of the discord from a great number of pilots who were displeased with the reserve changes regarding buckets. Additionally, they've had plenty of time to see that flying 5 days does not get you into bucket 2 (as was pitched by the SOT and cited by the SOT and LEC when I complained)--what company are you working for? How could you ever think that 5 days of flying gets you into bucket 2? Maybe internationally, I dunno, but there has never ever been a pilot who got 81 for a raw score after 5 days of domestic flying. Even 5 days of 5 legs wouldn't do it.