Old 04-24-2013, 05:34 AM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
I wouldn't say that at all.

I would say it depends on how many pilots bid HKG FO.

If The Company decides they want 10 more HKG FOs and only 10 people bid it, nobody will get FEPP. If 100 bid it, there's a good potential that 90 will qualify for FEPP.

Have you looked at the seniority number of the "Tail End Chairlie" in Hong Kong? We've been sending new hires there, so there are only 63 pilots junior to him, and 9 of them are in EUR, and 30 are already on the B-757 FO seat. I'd say there's the potential for quite a few of the new B-757 FOs to become eligible for FEPP based on a denied HKG FO award. Mind you, all the guys and gals who are already in that seat won't be able to become eligible for FEPP because they are not eligible to bid during this Excess Posting.

I see high upside, low downside, but this involves very unpredictable group behavior dynamics.

I'll do it if you do it.

Ok, I'll do it if you do it.

OK, you go first.

No, you go first.

OK, let's go at the same time ...

Not sure I would call their bluff this time for F/O Passover pay, from the chairman:

"The “Company has indicated” to ALPA they plan to place a “cap” on the following crew positions awards (evidenced in the Practice Bid #1 result):
  • 25 HKG Captain positions
  • 5 CGN Captain positions
  • No cap on FDA First Officer positions"

The good news (from the company perspective) is this time next year they will be in excellent position to excess from the FDAs and finally fix this passover problem.

Last edited by FDXLAG; 04-24-2013 at 05:57 AM.