Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

Timbo , 04-24-2013 05:30 PM
Runs with scissors
Timbo
Runs with scissors
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2009
  • Position
    Going to hell in a bucket, but enjoying the ride .
Quote: This is not a defense of scabs:

My understanding of the CAL scab situation is that there were true picket line crossing scabs who crossed early. Then there were scabs that fought the good fight, lost everything and crossed much later (a year or more) to put food on the table. Then there was a third group who were told by ALPA - at some level- MEC, LEC or some other level to return to work and they were labeled scabs as well.

I don't know many CAL pilots except a hunting buddy. He says CAL pilots generally made peace with their scabs (in at least the 2 later groups).

When I was at UAL, there was no peace made with the scabs. It was wierd for a fresh off AD guy (me) to deal with it, mostly because the whole (union/airline) thing was so new to me.

Today, with codeshares and sub-contractors, some union and some non-union, it seems to me that flying struck work is a very cloudy picture - to be taken on a flight-by-flight basis. Even then it is unclear to me how to tell if someone is flying struck work.

I think that's exactly how Management wants it, so it's 'unclear' to us who is flying struck work, which basically makes a Strike completely inefective. That, and they pay the A holes in DC a lot more than we do!

Frank Lorenzo was (is) big buddies with Bush 1. They're both from Houston. Lorenzo was one of his biggest "Campaign Contributors".

Now that "Corporations are People Too"...do you think any jack wad Senator in DC looking for Re Election Contributions is going to vote "Our Way"?

How much money does the A4A give them, vs. ALPA PAC? And how much is Emirates going to give them? I've been an ALPA PAC giver since I was off probation, but I can do simple math. A4A gives about 10X what ALPA PAC gives. Emirates can give 10X that.

I'm thinking Cabotage is coming, and sooner than any of us want to think about. Good thing Delta has about 14 Code Share Partners around the world.

I can see me finishing out my career on the 737 too...

What? Wuzat for us? Hu?