Old 04-25-2013, 07:57 AM
golfandfly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Admittedly, I have often disagreed with Tony. That said, I very much appreciate his sharing of knowledge on the FEPP situation. I read the contract, but the practical application is difficult at times. I'm a pilot, not a lawyer, and this thing can be almost impossible to interpret at times..

Despite what the union wants, I will be bidding the FDA for PAY PURPOSES. If my turn comes up to go, I'll think about it when/if it happens. We've had some guys on the list for years and they've probably made 200-300k from this. And I won't feel bad about it. The company didn't feel bad when they took a well meaning contract clause and decided to turn it upside down ( 4.A.2b.). It's just business. They don't mind changing the way they dealt with accepted fares to save money. Again, it's just business.

I don't see a real downside to bidding the FDA. If they see 100 guys on the list, it may make them discover the ease of a single pay rate or the viability of the FDAs. It may also encourage them to make the deal better, not seek witch hunts, and to remember the value of good will with their pilots...