View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 04:22 PM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
XJT's plan works great for him. My plan works great for me. At my company there are 4500 different stories.... The good news is unlike the military the airline life isn't "one size fits all.." You can try a few options, see what works for you, then make your choice
I wouldn't go so far as to say it "works out great" for me, or any body else. In fact, I don't even get to enjoy that plan as ALL my commutes have been east-west with the time zone changes. But how I'd LOVE to have a north-south style commute, it just won't happen. As you say, there's more than one story. More than just the 4500 that exist at just ONE company. It's simply the best/least suckey way to deal with the obstacles that exist when the lifestyle and demands of this career cross paths.

And are you usually flying single departure trips? Commuting once, or even twice to work in a bid period at a freight carrier isn't at all the same as 4-5 times a in a bid period a SLF carrier. Especially if giving up partial days off on one/either end.

Any chance you might be able to answer that PM I sent you a while back?