Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
uvuflier
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: SF34 FO

Originally Posted by txflyer007 View Post
Can we please talk about the fact that our illustrious managment want's FO's to take there ATP ride in a Piper Seminole at All ATP. I hope all Silver FO's will stay united in not accepting this and that our union will be suporative of our plight which effects everyone from Sr. FO's in FLL to Jr. guys at the outstations. If were going to be the regional airline of the year than our managment needs to cut out this Mickey Mouse penny pinching crap, we are professionals and deserved to be treated as such.
I think we should discuss the point he was trying to make which is a valid one.

How is sending us to ATP to fly a Seminole for a couple hours going to make us more qualified to operate our aircraft? I just got back from low time training and found the few hours I had in the sim extremely productive. Unfortunately if this ATP deal turns out to be true I will not be surprised as we once again look for a way to pinch pennies at the expense of our safety culture. As one member of the training department is fond of saying, "We were lucky and had our 3407 in Fairmont and nobody got killed" yet we keep on ignoring the problems as if by doing so, they will go away.

I'm fortunate in that I have to do recurrent around this time anyway, but I am not impressed that they are even considering this. I know these forums get read by some of the management folks. You have a problem and this is not the solution.