Thread: 757 v 767
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Nowake
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Nowake View Post
Thank you for that FMS info. It would almost have to be the same as the 757 if they were going to common type the two.

One more question, on this excess, going from a narrow body to a wide body, same seat, no seat freeze. BUT now before the 767 bid closes, suppose you are awarded a wide body FO seat on this excess bid and then bid the 767 wide body FO seat, would there be a seat freeze and how much?

thank you in advance
I got my answer from the company about a freeze on the 767 FO seat. The original question was: I was excessed off the 727 on Apr 29 and was awarded the Airbus FO seat. If I bid the 767 FO seat on May 6, would I be seat locked for 2 years on the 767?

No. because I would not have activated on the Airbus before being awarded the 767 FO seat and therefore would still be considered in excess even though the 767 was a vacancy bid.

24.E.1.c.i
Down/Lateral Bid Freeze
A pilot who is activated in a crew status that requires ITU training
based on a down/lateral bid shall be frozen in that crew status
for 24 months, commencing on his actual activation date. A pilot
is not eligible for a permanent crew position award requiring
ITU training with a projected training date during that freeze
period except under the following conditions:

i. the pilot was excessed or down/lateral bid to relieve an
excess; or

I referenced a different part of the contract to come up with the same conclusion but it was nice to get a confirmation from the company. Thanks to everyone who helped. FDXLAG, Jumbo Pilot, Overnitefr8