View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Sunvox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: EWR 777 Captain

Originally Posted by Coach67 View Post
Well said! Unfortunately the study of our scope here at UAL is frought with pilots grabbing the money to the detriment of Scope. Albeit C2003 was forced upon the pilots in BK as Sunvox points out!

Ex#1: First Waiver; RJ Exception letter for higher mid-term wage adjuctment - 1997 - Glawe

Ex#2: Second Waiver; RJ Number Limits increased in C2000 -2000 - Dubinsky

Ex#3: Third Waiver; 76 seats configured to 70 seats in C2003 - 2003 - Whiteford

Ex#4: Fourth Waiver; 90 seats configured to 76 seats in C2012 - 2013 - Heppner

Ex#5: Fifth Waiver; ?? Will the pilots finally stop trading money for Scope??

And what was the CAL Scope in 2000? I'll tell you what the scope was, it was unlimited 50 seaters which during a time of low fuel costs undercut the very legs upon which the mainline pilots were standing. The 50 seat fleet went from 65 to 500+ because of CAL and DAL. CAL and DAL purposely killed the best contract that pilots had ever seen and that is a fact. CAL undercut #1 which limited 50 seaters to a total of 65 planes and everything you mention afterwards came post bankruptcy where United pilots were fighting for their very existence, and you have the gaul to implicate UAL pilots as undermining the cause. CAL and DAL killed mainline jobs deliberately and with foresight of malice, and now they are trying to steal the career expectations of UAL pilots based on sophomoric arguments.

And, for the fact #2 is totally misleading. . . go read your history.

God forgive me, but I'm tired of the righteous CAL fight on APC. You guys were part of the problem, and no one is owning up to that fact. Say what you want about economics, profits, and fleets. The fact is you worked for cheaper wages and worse work rules and THAT is why you did better, and NOW you want a reward for that behaviour by taking my seniority? I have raised my children with a simple lesson: Rule Number 1 - Life is not fair.

I know that is true, but the hell I'm gonna sit back and tell you it's ok. Alright so now you can tell me to "Take a deep breath" "Get off my high horse" "Stop boozin' it up" or whatever trite response the minions can develop. Argue the facts and then I'll take you seriously . . .

Last edited by Sunvox; 05-05-2013 at 05:39 PM.