View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Sunvox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: EWR 777 Captain

Originally Posted by flybynuts View Post
So what is the intent of this post? Reaching back 13 years ago accomplishing nothing. It's like saying your contract in 2000 bankrupted your company. It's old news that isn't as relevant to today's fight. Blame game this far along is very sophomoric. Bottom line is UAL suffered as employees the last 13 years under Tilton. CAL did well during the same time and now we have to blend this short term history because it is the most relevant case for now. Do we want to go back to the years before the 80s. UAL wasn't even international until Pan Am fell and you bought their routes. Better try thinking about SWA. For years they where the bottom airline and yada yada. Now they have ha a great run the last
15 years. Thier cheaper wages and work rules made them what they are today. See it doesn't work using your logic in history.

What's the intent????

The intent is to get a load off my chest on the internet where I can say what I really feel.

Your MEC is arguing that our career expectations should be based on trend lines drawn back to 2000, but if I look at contributing factors to the UAL bankruptcy that's going too far. . .

CAL was born in the '80's from a fight with Lorenzo where the pilots on the "winning" side undercut their brethren at Eastern, and since that time CAL has operated with a contract with lower pay and more "efficient" work rules and NOW you think you should be rewarded for that behaviour by taking my seniority. Well, it's the straw that broke my back. Coaches defense of unlimited 50 seat RJ's is too much. Face the facts and tell me it was all ok in the name of competition and then I'll have some respect for the CAL poster on APC, but don't dare try to tell me that you are where you are because you made a better choice and the pilots at UAL caused the problem. I'm sick and tired of the rewriting of history and ALPA policy, and the trite personal slams that constitute argument on this forum.

Last edited by Sunvox; 05-05-2013 at 06:03 PM.