View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Trip7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Fly782 View Post
Quick browsing through the transcript, where did it say they weren't getting them?
Operator

We have a follow up question from Michael Linenberg of Deutsche Bank.

Michael Linenberg - Deutsche Bank
Just one more here. The United purchase recently, I guess, if they exercise the options up to 70 of the Embraer larger jets, just thoughts on affect that you have. United, doing something that they haven't done in sometime, which is to buy these airplanes. What do you think is driving them, number one? Number two, how well positioned are you to even bid on that business given that you don't have experience flying the larger Embraer jets. Your thoughts on that?

Brad Rich:

So look as I stated, again, today and in previous calls we are working very aggressively with all manufactures including Embraer on the larger aircraft types. So this question is a question that will be driven by what the major partners want to fly relative to the cost that we can deliver this service.

So we have been aggressively marketing aircraft costs by Bombardier product and Embraer product. I think that most salient issue here is, United I think is trying to accomplish number of things. I mean, first of all, I think they want some diversification in their portfolio and this is one way to get it.

The next question here is they've announced 30 aircraft. I think we would all agree they need more than 30 larger regional jets in their fleet. So the question is specific to these 30, but are they going to want more than those 30. And then the question is, yes, I think we're very well positioned. And if that's the type of aircraft that they want to operate, then we are prepared and ready to take the aircraft and put it on certificate.
Never directly said it, but pretty much said it