View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 07:17 PM
JohnnyG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by NoJoy View Post
Hey I have not read a thread on these guys in awhile. Anybody here fly or know someone who flies for Neptune? How do they like it? Sched? Long term carrier or short? What does the future there look like say 5-10 year down the road? Thx-

Neptune has a great future, with a booming BAE-146 program (although I did hear an unconfirmed rumor they didn't get a nextgen contract for 2013 which would ground their jets or send them oveseas). They still have a bunch of P2-Vs in service all over.

The surplus of guys with a lot of hours and fire experience on the streets means they can be pretty picky with their pilot hiring. The chief pilot was polite enough to send me an email thanking me for my interest, giving me advice and telling me to apply once I had reached 4,000 hours.

They also have charter operations in Missoula. This company seems to have a strong future, because their BAE-146s have full support. They do have a slightly inferior tank design as it compares to other operators who've chose the same aircraft for nextgen operations.

If anyone has some more specific or detailed information, please come in and say so or let us know if I've posted anything wrong.