Thread: EY questions
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 10:57 AM
RemoveB4flght
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Remove, thanks for info, it is much appreciated. I am single so I am assuming if I was to be selected I would get a 2 bedroom apartment?
As per the contract that is what you are entitled to, however it depends on what is available at the time and the needs of others at the time. Meaning if there is a larger apartment or villa available (maybe because someone moved from a less desirable building to a different one) then you may find yourself in something bigger. In company accommodation however, priority goes to family size before seniority, so a guy joining with three kids gets a larger place even if a single guy has been waiting to move.

Also, I am slotted to go to airbus training soon and I believe my company's training results in an A320 type rating 'with SIC privileges only.' As long as I am current and have 500 hours on the aircraft do you think that would meet EY's requirements or do they require the full unrestricted type. I do have an unrestricted ATPL without the circling restriction.
The current narrow body minimums are 1500 total with 1000 on multicrew EFIS jet aircraft, current on type, ICAO ATPL, and under 53.

Depending what your previous experience is, the 500 on type may be sufficient. The SIC type is not an issue. Being current means a proficiency check, and six sectors within the preceding six months which allows you to do a somewhat abbreviated operator conversion course and be issued a GCAA ATPL with type based off your license and type.