View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Deuce130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 777 FO

Originally Posted by L'il J.Seinfeld
I did it this past summer. I'm making 3k/month in the USAFR and another 1500 from UPS. Remember there are 2 programs out there: force shaping is a HQ USAF administered program and PC is an AFPC run program. Apply under force shaping and the decision maker is someone in the Pentagon and PC is decided by Randolph. You can apply for both. If you really want to grab a pair, you can get out. It's a risk that is worth it!!

LJ, are you sure about that? I did a "normal" PC and my approval authority was the SECAF personnel office at the Pentagon. If I had done "Force Shaping" then the decision maker was the PC office, which would rubber stamp whatever my functional manager recommended - which would have been a resounding "no," which I found out after I called him and before I sent in my application. So, I applied, VERY SPECIFICALLY SO THE MPF PEOPLE WOULD NOT F THIS UP (all caps for those of you thinking of applying) for "normal" Palace Chase so that the decision would be made at the Pentagon. In addition, I thought you could only apply for one at a time. For all you potential PC'ers out there, contact the PC office at Randolph, they're all pretty helpful with it. It helped me that I had a letter from the Reserve unit I planned on joining, as well as a well-thought out personal letter stating why I wanted to PC to this particular unit and why it was good for the AF and the USAFR.

On a second note, I'm trying to track down my "Official" reserve ADSC. I did a 2 for 1, but my profile on vMPF is showing N/A for service obligation. Any ideas on where I might find this info out?? I've heard some odd stories out there about reserve commitments getting mixed up, lost, changed, etc.