View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 01:51 PM
PittsDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Yes, it will definitely help, there's no doubt about that...121 time and lots of it.

The question is do you personally need do it? That depends on the amount and type of military time, your recency, and your connections.

2-3 years with no calls might indicate you need to go that route.
I only have about 4000TT, most of it multi and turbine time. 2600 of my time was from the USAF. I don't need the total time but what I do need is more currency time flying turbines as I only have about 150 hours in the last year. I lost my good deal corporate job because they decided to go Tango Uniform and sell both planes. I figured now would be a good time to get to the airlines. I am hoping some 121 experience will help. I know the pay sucks at the regionals, but financially it does not matter as I have other revenue streams that pay well.

However, not looking to make a career at the regionals, looking to get in and get out when something better comes along. I just want to know how it will be perceived from the majors being at a regional. I have internal recs from SWA, FedEx, UPS and United, with United being the only one hiring. No word from them yet but my resume was only hand walked in about 2 weeks ago.