View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 03:23 PM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Forgive me, I'm just a lowly civilian. And it was expressed not too long ago that mil pilots DON'T like us lowly civilians contributing to these threads. ESPECIALLY if we have experience in the regionals. Through MORE THAN ONE HIRING CYLCE no less and have watched this happen MORE THAN ONE TIME.......

Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
I just want to know how it will be perceived from the majors being at a regional.
They will not care, PERIOD. But you DON'T have to take my word for it. Ask Rick (mil, but not a pilot) or ANY mil pilot that went regional before waiting on a call for a major. AGAIN, THEY WON'T CARE!!!! They KNOW the regional ISN'T the end game. The mil time makes you the known quantity for training/experience, NOTHING else matters except for the currency.

Especially if you express what you said. Job(s) went away, you weren't able to fly much, you wanted some 121 time/exposure, you needed the currency, etc etc etc.

The WORST you EVER may hear in an interview about it would probably be along these lines of "we see you worked at Joe Sh1t the Ragman's regional express carrier, what's it like there? Tell me about that job?"

It's usually just a personality test. It's similar to the TMMAT questions, make sure it's ALWAYS positive. Don't EVER speak ill of former employer. BOOM, done.

As DoubleD said. Don't take it for granted, show up prepared, be ready to learn, and it'll be EASY for you while you bide your short stint waiting for the call from whomever.