View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Sunvox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: EWR 777 Captain

And for the record, I am not showing up in the 2nd inning with only a piece of data from the whole. I have been embroiled in this debate from day one and am fully informed of all the facts, but those which I find most compelling are related to the mega-carrier argument.

As for that matter . . .

Can and would any CAL pilot care to argue against the mega-carrier argument.

Here's the argument:

After DAL and NWA merged the industry was thrust upon a course of consolidation for which Mr. Tilton had been preparing for many years, but CAL was resisting, and history has shown that consolidation was inevitable therefore by corollary CAL's stand alone hopes were futile.

So, what's the counter to that argument in detail please? Can anyone from CAL argue why they would have been better off in the "real world" as a stand alone carrier, and how their career expectations were better as a result?

And, finally let's keep in mind that precedent in SLI decisions is very simplistic: Category and Class has always been the starting point so what part of the CAL argument is going to cause the arbitrators to sway from that as a starting point? CAL can not hope to argue WB versus NB, and the argument surrounding longevity seems obviously in UAL's favor as well so the entire argument must surround career expectations or the "infinite considerations" not mentioned in ALPA policy like W2s, number of ETOPS planes, financial statistics, and how fast pilots got to be Captain. Is that really your argument or am I missing some detail?

Last edited by Sunvox; 05-14-2013 at 05:16 PM.