View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 06:28 AM
737AV8R

Thought I'd chime in on this one as my first post here...

The TA that is up for ratification at CAL is by no means a "done deal." The union is doing the hard sell in the roadshows, and it may pass. But it also may not.

As some of you may know, CAL has their own forum restricted to Continental pilots. Typically that board is frequented by the, how should I say, more militant types from our pilot ranks. Myself included. When the TA first came out the outrage was deafening. But the roadshows have been recruiting some of the most militant chest thumpers, to my shock and disbelief. I first thought the TA would go down like Monica Lewinsky, but now I'm not so sure. When I see the staunch pilots from our forum rethinking their positions, I fear for the overall vote from our cross section at large.

Personally, I feel there is a better deal out there for us. But that overall mentality has been brow beaten by management and some of our union leaders. I would have guessed that 80% were against the TA on first view. Now I am clinging on to hope of staving off its success.