Thread: Worst Cargo Airlines to fly for (Pay,QOL,ETC)

MEMbrain , 05-16-2013 02:35 PM
Banned
MEMbrain
Banned
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2012
Quote: I was a B727 Cargo Caninous flyer for two years. We were home based and flown into our outstation or sort. While the pay and benefits were not as generous as perhaps UPS or FED EX, it was some of most enjoyable flying. Weekends off, no cabin crew, and no passengers to worry about. Can it really get better than that, other than pay?

In 2005 we operated into KHRL, and parked on the south east corner of the airport. The Court Yard by Marriott van picked us up first. He apologized to us explaining that we had to go to the other side of the airport to pick up another cargo crew. I said no worries, carry on. Now I am sure this was an isolated incident. However the chaps in brown were quite uncivil to the driver, who was a new employee, because my crew was picked up first.

My F/O and F/E just shook our heads in silent listening to complaints how bad “Brown” was. Crappy catering, no personal hotel vans at their beckon call, crappy schedules, to name some. The whining was louder than Rolls Royce Dart engine.

As for those who served in the military, they earned every cent and bit of training provided by us the tax payers and VA. My deepest appreciation.

My goodness, a company that pays a decent wage, provides retirement and medical benefits, more job security than the other supplemental carriers ala EXPRESS NET, CUSTOM AIR, KALITTA II, to name a few, all gone by the way side with many put on the streets. Such as life.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I sent my F/O to the desk to get our keys, and told him my F/E and myself would collect his bags. Continued complaining and no tip from the higher paid men in “Brown”. I gave the driver a good tip, and told him not to worry, not all of us are special needs children.

I guess if things are that bad, and one does not like the color of their uniform, then perhaps rather than ranting on the boards, it’s time for a change of venue.
Like when you were whining about UPS taking "your" Menlo flying when UPS bought the freaking company?