View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 09:45 AM
MarcS08
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: SD3

Originally Posted by genral1 View Post
I have made it through the initial phone interview and I have been asked to come for the in person interview next week!! Any advice for a first time applicant would be appreciated. I am looking for things such as the written exam (what does it consist of) and the interview itself. Also, what goes on during the Sim ride??

Regards,

JW
Genral,
I interviewed last Friday. Pretty straightforward interview. The written test is 50 questions and is pretty much straight out of the Gleims written test prep book, chapter 6. The interview was with Terri, the HR lady, and George, the Chief Pilot. Both were very nice. Make sure you know what a VDP is and what the regulatory reason it is there for. When he is asking you about approaches in the area, watch for step down fixes; He wanted to know what was the MDA on a localizer if you have certain equipment, then asks if you had DME (allows you to identify the step down fix) what the mins would be. A lot of the HR questions were based on customer service. I was also asked to give a lesson on something that I would normally teach as a CFI. I chose holding patterns.
Since i'm an instructor he wanted to know why I would let a student tell me that he could only fly at 9pm and later.. Well because the students paying me, they are the customer.
A class date has not been set quite yet. It will start on either June 10th or 17th. They need atleast 4 to run the class, I was number 2. Good luck on the interview, PM me if you have any further questions. Hope to meet you in class in a couple weeks.