FlyingKat
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2011
  • Position
    Taco Rocket Operator
Quote: Total 320 pilots in house?

Okay, you have 25 existing planes, and 7 more coming, so total will be 32 airplanes. Lets say company needs average 10 pilots per plane to efficiently run the lines, so you need 32 planes x 10pilots=320 pilots.
You do have already 320 pilots in house. Is that why they are shrinking class sizes to one per month? Are they going to stop new hire classes in near future? Or am I missing something?
Company is anticipating a lot of attrition come fall when United, Delta, American, and US Airways plus all the others that have been hiring (Jetblue, etc) are running classes. Plus there are rumors of something else big in the works, but no solid information.

Some of the people in my class that qualify for upgrade are already being offered the opportunity. For my class in January the Dulles guys held lines in May (after 3 weeks reserve) and the St Louis guys are still on reserve. Looks like just about everybody in Dulles will hold lines next month. If you go to Dulles reserve will be shorter than St Louis.