Thread: Pinnacle
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by 80ktsClamp View Post
Dear ShyGuy,

I went from flying a 260-seat 767 to a 150-seat airbus. Did my skillz really decrease by 57%? What can I do to make up for both reduction of skillz and not flying a large aircraft anymore (to compensate for my manhood)?

Is there a more effective way of communicating to the crappy regional pilots walking through the terminal that I'm better than them other than just refusing eye contact? During the summer I don't have my double breasted coat so it's not as obvious how superior I am.

Yours truly,

Well, in this case, since you were flying a 767, you had the appropriate higher skills. Now flying a 150 seater Airbus, in your case, those higher skills are dormant. They are still there, but not used. As for regional guys, the double breasted jacket should be good enough. But in summer, just walk in your normal pilot uniform without the jacket. You'll be obviously clean and dry. Bigger airplane APUs do a good job. Because the regional guys will be sweating in their shirts with broken APUs. Or an APU that works on a CRJ200 but one still sweats because the APU air is pathetic. So these guys will be obvious to spot based on their perspiration and not-so-clean shirts. Another giveaway is the backpack, although present at a slight level at majors, the majority of backpacks are at the regional pilot level. So when you see them, ask them "how was math class?". We'll establish we were better because we aren't dressed like we are reporting to 9th grade algebra class. And the last and best way is to act like a upper class HPN passenger. If they try and talk to you, hold your head up high and say "we don't talk to regional hired help.". That should establish our superiority over these puddle jumpers.