Thread: Espirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 03:17 AM
gatorbird
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by RideandDrive View Post
Yeah, Spirit is profitable but it also has one of the worst management-employee relationships in the business.

There is a reason they are targeting RJ people. Anything looks good compared to a regional.
Huh? I haven't seen a manager here in months...left alone to do my job. When I do see them I'm greeted with a smile and a handshake. Upper management? Too busy running the operation to concern themselves with me. When something does come up my union is quick to grieve it/fix it (as previously mentioned). I don't have to "fly it then grieve it"...those days have past. Nor do I have to worry about looking over my shoulder for a bogus NOI; in fact when I did have a non-standard issue with an irregular ops the CP had my back.

I have to call BS on the "targeting RJ people" as well; the recent hires are a good mix of regionals, corporate, heavy/cargo and a few military guys. How is that different from any other airline?

Looks to me like you're on the outside looking in and aren't qualified to speak what you spoke.