View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 06:53 AM
org1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: B727

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
I dont think if you dont have a degree you are some how not as good of a pilot. In fact I know thats not true. However if minimum flight time for hiring was higher and a degree was required for employment then more than likely pay would go up. The degree will continue to become less and less important This is just another way for MGMT to "Dumb" down the job. They can justify paying less and less if qualifications aren't important. Just my thoughts. So do you think i have a degree or not? worth 20 points!!!
Unfortunately, management doesn't base pay on qualifications. They base it on supply and demand. It's always been and always will be that way. If the day comes that they can't fill the seats without raising the pay, they'll do it, but only as much as they think they have to. On the other hand, qualifications will follow raised pay. There are lots of highly qualified guys with many thousands of hours of jet transport time on the sidelines because they won't work for a bag of peanuts and a diet coke per leg. When the pay goes up enough (it may never happen, but it's looking more favorable) some of them will be back.