Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 12:21 AM
chucknorris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by 402DRVR View Post
That's good info. If I am lucky enough to get the call in the next couple months I am wondering which equipment would be better to bid. Obviously the bus pays more after year one, but it is about more than pay.

I am hoping to be BOS based as it is an easy drive from my home. New York's about 3.5 so not really able to sit reserve at home. If one bids the bus and gets JFK, is there any idea how long it would take to get to BOS. Or, alternatively, to hold a line? Same for the 190.

Not that pay s unimportant but I am looking for the greatest QOL meaning more time home as we have a daughter due next month. What other factors would some of you JetBlue guys consider in bidding aircraft?

Thanks for any info. While I'm at it, what is training like these days, length of time, opportunity to travel home, etc. Thanks
Bid the e190. First year pay is the same on both fleets and a line holder on either aircraft makes more money period. After year 2 bid the bus bos where by then you could hold a line. If you bid the '320 you will be commuting to reserve for at least 6 months.