View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 04:39 PM
MacGuy2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Couch Potato

Originally Posted by FlybyKnite View Post
+1 -- Especially when international. Once they asked me if I had called the local transport folks. I said: I'd rather you do it and then we will both know the answer [and you can make notes on the pairing]. If international, I then expense the cost of the call to the company.
OK, this is sad that I have to admit that I don't know how to call the Company when I'm overseas. For example, if I'm standing in the pax terminal in (int'l city) with no wifi (no Skype) but my iPhone is a dual band phone so I CAN get a cellular signal and I DON'T have an international calling plan (because iMessage and Skype work fine for me in the hotel), how do I call CRS/Duty Officer at (901) 224-xxxx to tell them my scheduled DH just cancelled/left with out me, etc. (Or I've been "detained" by immigration or customs.) Or, one step further, if I need to call the ramp or hotel in a foreign city, here's the number for the Howard Plaza (02) 2700-xxxx. I'm clueless.

I guess it's better to be dumb when it doesn't matter than dumb when it counts. Sorry about the thread drift.

MG2