View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 05:30 PM
USMCFDX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by max8222 View Post
After having similar problems I signed up for the international plan with ATT. I think it is $5.99 a month. Turn your phone on just about anywhere there is a signal and you are ready to make a call. No charges as long as you have the data roaming off and do not make any calls.

On a long international trip I was turning my phone on and the Capt asked me about it. He said he did not think he needed it. later on the trip we were in the car in a ton of friday traffic heading to CDG ops and halfway there the capt. realized he left his passport in the safe. I handed him my phone, after a few calls to the hotel and ops to coordinate the recovery of his passport he was assured it would be delivered to him. It showed up 10 min before push. He said to me I guess I am getting the international plan! Nice safety net when you need it.
You do not need an international plan with AT&T to make and receive calls while overseas. Your phone will ring and you can make calls. The per minute charge is lower with the international plan.

I let my phone ring all the time, check caller ID, then find a hotspot and return the call on Skye. If it is home, I send a text and ask if it is important and need to talk now or if there can be a delay.

I have no international plan.