View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 06:55 AM
Tee1Up
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013
Position: Golf course, mostly.

Originally Posted by TunaUSMC View Post
Lobaeux, thanks for the reply. Definitely will be following all he forums on this site. Also, thanks for the advice on researching the companies, that will certainly help out. It sounds like you cannot do enough preparation, research and studying. We didn't do anything like a recap other than the extensive debriefs in the Marine Corps. I'll have to just rely on my memory for the TMAAT questions. Or make something up... Kidding of course.
Tuna...I recommend getting into a seminar with ECC sooner rather than later. I spent a lot of time working on TMAAT questions and preparing for interviews. I can't imagine having done an interview prep seminar just prior to doing interviews. The sooner the better.

Also, if you aren't on LinkedIn, I would recommend that at well. You can make lots of connections on there. Search for the airline(s) you're interested in and it will show you LinkedIn members that are employed there and are in your circles (or out). It's another great way to find old colleagues for internal recs or make connections through others you may have known in your past.

LOR's from previous bosses, if you don't already have them, should be started now. Make the contacts and ask for the favor. But do it soon. They're busy people too and it may surprise you how long it takes to get some of them back.

Best of luck. It's an exciting (and at times frustrating) process.

Cheers,
Tee