Thread: AGR to ART
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 04:07 PM
hindsight2020
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Center seat, doing loops to music

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
Bump. So where is this? Did the ART plan die?
I speak strictly regarding the AETC associated units...

Nope it's not dead. It came back up with a vengeance since this thread was updated last, then died again. Currently, the fourth and current iteration of the proposal varies from the previous talks in that the proposed positions have been cut roughly in half. Additionally, group and above leadership has for the first time implicitly allocuted to the heterogeneous impact the conversions would have as a function of location; the current plan proposes to distribute the positions in an non-even fashion and to outright omit certain locations from converting positions at all. The latter IMO is a huge implied admission on the part of the powers that be. Finally someone is admitting this proposal wasn't going to be as easy breezy as just standing up ART jobs in happy-wife-happy-life locales like San Antonio...

Of course, with all the previous blinks, everybody potentially affected is of the attitude of "call me when it happens" and that will continue to be the attitude until something does hit the pavement. For my part I think leadership underestimates how painful and difficult the conversion of jobs will be and the unintended consequences it will have to the full time support morale, manning and retention long term. I do think the latest proposal is the most even keeled of all the proposals made, for it at least accounts for the big gorilla nobody wanted to talk about before: LOCATION.

Let's hope it dies again.