View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Ottopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: 737 CA

Originally Posted by Really View Post
Things on here are getting blown out of proportion a little!! I've been on the 7/8/9 since we've flown them. Also the 200/300 when we had them. A plane is a plane some are just more challangening than others in certain situations!! The 8/9 is one of those planes!! I've NEVER been weight restricted except SNA and I think that has more to do with airport than airplane! Last time load planning wanted to wt restrict me was in Den w/snowstorm. They put me on 34r with a r/w restriction. Said it was contaminated (it wasn't even close) I asked load planner (in ord) to run #'s on 34L (much longer) no contam. had no idea what I was talking about. I asked for supervisor and came up w/20000lbs more. I think our BIG problem is we have many in load planning that are NEW since the experienced ones didn't want to make move from IAH to ORD. Also, many new pilots that were never FE's running #'s thinking about ways to make weights work. (I was in Den once on the 727 running #'s as engineer and we switched r/w 3 times do to heat/wind/alt!) I think it's a skill that's lost with advent of computer! Also, with the stalls, if your at the top of your limits in wave or storm topping there are other issues and it's not with the plane!! Go lower or go around, not that hard!!!
You think you know more than a pilot who hates "super-guppies" and has never flown it?