JohnBurke , 06-05-2013 01:21 AM
Disinterested Third Party
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2012
Quote:
Your attention to detail is dismal. The last time I checked, the Skywest page DID NOT HAVE OPENINGS FOR FOs. What is so hard to understand about that? That IS A FACT. I'm not saying Skywest will never hire again, I've simply spoke to the fact that they are not hiring right now. Perhaps they are gearing to hire, I don't care. I didn't post a lie.....I wasn't corrected. You've even noted yourself that poolies will come first.
If present employees tell you the company is hiring and that it doesn't necessarily show up on their web site, that's good enough, isn't it? Why argue the point. The only person not qualified to say they're hiring is you. You don't work there. Your sole qualification is the company web site, and numerous posters have told you that hiring is taking place, classes are in play, and that they're quite aware that it's not announced on the web site.

If the company has classes running, they have classes running. Simple.

I'm a little stymied at your attitude that you're beyond gaining basic experience. You appear to be at a fairly early stage in your career when you could use all the experience you could get. I've moved from turbojets to pistons before, and it's been a step up in quality of life, and pay. I've gone from four engine aircraft to single engine aircraft, and it's been a step up. In fact, I moved from captain on a four engine turbojet to a single engine turboprop and saw a significant increase in pay, and was home more. You might see that as a step down, but I surely don't.

Don't be too quick to dismiss work. Take what you can find. Work you can get is far better than work you cannot. There's something to be learned in everything you do, and something to be gained from every job you take.

At a time when I was furloughed, I found work turning wrenches, where flying wasn't available. That soon lead to some flying; some charter, cargo, and company instruction, and check airman work. It was all piston. I'd been furloughed out of turbojets. I was immensely grateful to be working and flying. The point was struck home by the many furloughed airline pilots who stopped by looking for work. At first, they turned up their noses at the idea of flying a piston airplane, but before long, as they realized how scarce work was, they came back again, hat in hand. Pride takes a back seat to necessity; presently your necessity may be finding work. In your zeal to believe you've progressed beyond certain work, don't be so exclusive in your reasoning that you pass by experience that you need or that might benefit you.